This is a repeating eventaugust 10, 2020
Backstory Preaching Virtual Sermon Camp August 9-13 | Daily, one-hour online sessions Followed by 7 weeks of weekly meetings (multiple dates/times available each week)
Backstory Preaching Virtual Sermon Camp
August 9-13 | Daily, one-hour online sessions
Followed by 7 weeks of weekly meetings (multiple dates/times available each week)
Do you wonder if there’s a better way to prepare your sermons? But, it’s hard to know where to start and how to make change that matters—and lasts.
Backstory Preaching Sermon Camp provides the roadmap and structure you need to set up a better process. Reboot your preaching life in an online course with colleagues and a mentor. Learn practical strategies that engage your own spirituality and backstory to craft an effective sermon without the stress.
Rooted in prayer and best practices, the tools you’ll receive in sermon camp will reinvigorate your spirituality and bring you closer to being the preacher you long to be. When you join this virtual sermon camp, you will:
- receive expert guidance from your preaching mentor’
- participate virtually from anywhere
- discover new insights about the Scripture and your preaching
- learn preaching strategies you’ll be able to apply this week and every week
- experience your sermon prep as respite
- enjoy the camaraderie of colleagues during coaching sessions and on our private Facebook page
- learn how to finish your sermon by Friday!
The virtual camp includes:
- Kick-Off Week August 9-13: you’ll meet online daily for an accelerated introduction to the process (includes BsP’s 5-Day Accelerated Video Roadmap) to learn the process to craft a meaningful sermon on your own schedule.
- For the next seven weeks, you’ll meet live, online one hour each week for Q&A, office hours, and additional teaching as you work through the chapters of the eCourse and begin implementing the principles you’re learning.
- BONUS: you’ll be invited to join a private online group with additional resources for mutual support around the clock.
Helping Pastors Thrive is partnering with Backstory Preaching to offer this opportunity to clergy at a reduced rate of $100 per person. Register by Wednesday, July 15 by emailing Scott Hudgins, email@example.com. Get more information HERE.
In light of COVID-19 and ongoing concern for health and safety, the Helping Pastors Thrive’s Workshop Retreats for Clergy have been converted from in-person gatherings to an online, virtual platform. HPT has partnered with several organizations and seminaries to provide in depth learning around topics that are designed to strengthen ministry and increase competency in pastoral practices. Unlike two-day intensive retreats, these programs require shorter segments of time stretched over a longer period of time. Like the workshop retreats, participation will be limited and costs will substantially subsidized for CBFNC clergy through the Helping Pastors Thrive program. For more information, visit helpingpastorsthirive.org.
All Day (Sunday)